Wednesday 21 May 2014

USDCAD short position

Today, the USD made a small rally against the 2 month Beairsh trend on the USD/CAD.

The 40 pip rally puts the USD/CAD in perfect position to short off our recent trend line with a high Reward/Risk ratio.

This USD/CAD trade is a similar situation. By being aggressive and shorting at today’s close, we could enter with a 20 to 30 pip stop and target 80 pips or even a recent daily level 180 pips away.
usdcad_may_20

The stop placement is very subjective in this case. I’d recommend 15 to 20 pips above last week’s high (May 13).

As I said, this is not an extremely high probability trade because the market can easily shake us out of the trade; however with the R/R on the table, I think the risk makes sense.

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Wait for the close of today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! iforex Very useful information specially tthe lastt part �� I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you annd best of luck.



    ReplyDelete